UK Sales Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales leader to join a global brand
Exciting growth potential for an ambitious individual
About Our Client
EUCHNER is a medium-sized family business based in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, near Stuttgart. It was founded in 1953, and today Stefan Euchner represents the third generation in the company management.
EUCHNER has 750 employees worldwide. All employees are committed to customer satisfaction.
EUCHNER - More than safety.
For more than sixty years, EUCHNER has been developing and producing high-quality products for mechanical engineering and systems engineering. Safety for people, machines and products is one of our dominant themes during this process.
We are specialized in industrial safety engineering. Our safety switches and safety systems monitor safety doors and guards on machines and installations, help to minimize dangers and risks, and thereby reliably protect people and processes. Additionally, we have a broad range of products for the man-machine interface and switchgear for automation.
Continuously exchanging information with our customers regarding their technical challenges, we develop efficient, extraordinary solutions.
Our customers' technical specifications provide the inspiration to develop customized solutions. Modern, flexible production helps us to realize customer requirements during this process. Due to our lean processes, Euchner is able to manufacture smaller quantities of unique product configurations. This allows us to react to the needs of our customers at any time.
Focus on quality
Our quality standards exceed standards and laws. We continuously strive to improve further. All core components are manufactured in-house using state-of-the-art machinery. In addition, internal quality control management processes ensure that no product leaves our premises that has not been inspected to the fullest extent.
The UK Sales Manager will be responsible for the overall growth of the UK Operation. Leading a small team based in Sheffield, you will look to grow the UK turnover in line with Head office expectations. This is a hands on leadership role and the successful Sales Manager will be expected to cover the northern territory, as well as take an active focus on the companies Key Accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support existing customers and search for new applications with existing or new customers.
- Provide technical assistance to existing and potential customers.
- Lead the current team consisting of: two sales engineers, one engineer (back office), two administrator (sales order processing, purchasing, and warehouse).
- Manage the day-to-day business of EUCHNER in Great Britain, e.g. contact to the external accountants (tax. Bookkeeping), release payments (supplier, salaries).
The Successful Applicant
The successful UK Sales Manager will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- A demonstrable track record of continued sales success within the Automation sector.
- A strong technical background ideally with a focus on Electrical engineering, Network engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience managing a team would be highly advantageous, although those with the relevant aptitude will also be considered.
- An ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and take ownership of the UK operations.
- A natural new business hunter, who is able to build long term relationships with key clients.
- You will have outstanding communication skills to enable effective relationships with a diverse range of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Self-motivated individual that can work well independently, but also as part of a wider European team.
What's on Offer
A competitive package depending upon experience.
Good basic salary + Company car