(UK) Trade Compliance Analyst
Initial Trade or Brokerage experience?
Looking for a temporary role?
About Our Client
Global Power Leader
- Researches and monitors local laws, regulations, procedures and applicable benefits related to import/export transactions; prepares summaries of new regulations for review by team members; distributes updates and summaries to appropriate supply chain and business unit contacts.
- Monitors import/export activity for all business units in the assigned geography; gathers, enters, and manages import/export data (including classification data) for the assigned geography; drafts management reports on import/export activities.
- Gathers all necessary documentation for import/export licenses; drafts applications for licenses and registrations in the country of assignment; submits applications, including those with applicable benefits, upon review by supervisor and monitors approval process with appropriate governmental contacts.
- Builds and maintains relationships with appropriate governmental organisations in the country of assignment.
Manages brokers to ensure that the organisation has appropriate supporting documentation and consistent compliance with import/export regulations.
- Builds relationships with vendors, brokers, and other external resources to understand and apply best practices and current data to projects.
- Analyses import/export activities to ensure that does not exceed limits or violate any restrictions on import/export activities.
- Executes team processes as directed and provides input into process improvements related to immediate area of influence.
- Compiles data and updates metrics as requested.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining controlled processes including: tariff code classification, record keeping, country of origin and preferential trade calculations.
- Regular interaction with Customs, Customs brokers and Customs service providers.
- Work in collaboration with other UK entities to align Customs operational processes.
The Successful Applicant
- Initial Trade or Brokerage experience is necessary (basics of import and export) or alternatively a prior experience in Supply Chain.
- Good Excel skills are necessary (VLOOKUP, filters, ...) as the team works with spreadsheets a lot.
- Candidates will need to be able to analyse this data en draw conclusions from it.
- They will need to take initiative and ask for help where necessary; a comprehensive 6 month training program is in place.
What's on Offer
6 month rolling contract with possible extension or permanent contract