Urban Designer / Masterplanner
New studio renowned consultancy with multiple design awards.
Fully supported training and deevelopment to advance in masterplanning.
About Our Client
Multidisciplinary consultancy offering a range of construction services across Architecture, Engineering and Planning. They have recently opened a new studio in the West Midlands from a strong southern bolt-hold with a view to further support their ever growing client-base.
They pride themselves on truly supporting their clients, advising and educating clients on intelligent design solutions to best fulfil their objectives, and those of wider stakeholders.
The new Birmingham office is a newly furnished studio in an iconic building, with an experienced Director who personally champions nurturing new talent. You will be joining an intimate team at the start of their growth which naturally presents great prospects for vertical progression.
Joining as Urban Designer / Masterplanner, you will play a critical part within their young team, supporting on a range of projects that will have you involved across all aspects of the design and planning process including: masterplanning, site layout, housetype design, streetscenes, visualisations and working drawings.
Depending on your previous experience, you will initially be working up and ensuring the technical compliance and feasibility of new schemes in AutoCAD. Once you've gained/proven suitable knowledge, you will progress to developing schemes for yourself.
The Successful Applicant
- You will be Architecturally trained (Architecture or Technology) and ideally have a couple of years in industry, preferably on residential layouts but if not, be able to demonstrate having worked on masterplanning schemes.
- AutoCAD is a must are are good presentation skills and you will also be competent in Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- An interest in residential development and masterplanning will be pivotal as it will form the bulk of your role: how to best manipulate landscapes to create a feasible scheme that best marries a myriad of factors.
What's on Offer
- You will be joining a young team at the start of their growth, in a practice that is renowned for the quality of its schemes, boasting multiple design awards and a strong repeat client base.
- Your talent will be nurtured and your own ideas will too be included as you're encouraged to contribute as part of your progression.
- Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Uncapped opportunity to progress vertically based on your talent alone.