US GAAP & IFRS Accounting Manager
Global manufacturing and distribution business
Liaision with senior stakeholder across the globe
About Our Client
My client is a global leader focused on the manufacturing and distribution of their product. The business is present in 140 countries across the world and sold through five main brands. The business is headquartered in the US and has an annual turnover of almost $6bn at the end of the last fiscal year.
The successful individual will be responsible for -
- US GAAP is being converged with IFRS, and as a result, there will be a significant amount of new accounting pronouncements and implementations. This position will work closely with the Finance Leadership of the International region as well as the Corporate Accounting and Reporting team to ensure proper implementation of these new accounting pronouncements.
- Ensure the effective communication and adoption of global Accounting policies across the region
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective accounting compliance environment and adherence to it in the International region
- Provide support and guidance on the technical accounting questions from the US GAAP and IFRS perspective
- Manage the relationship with internal and external auditors for the International region
- Lead on supporting all functions in EME/APA of review of procurement, engineering, manufacturing, sales, A/R sales agreement contracts from US GAAP and IFRS perspective including formal documentation of accounting conclusions, research, and setting up of accounting (with liaison and review by Corporate).
The Successful Applicant
Ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant from a big four practise
This role requires extensive accounting technical knowledge.
Must have IFRS and US Gaap experience
Large company environment
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits