Value Stream Manager
Global Manufacturing business who offer longevity and development
End to end responsibility for Value Stream
About Our Client
Crane Co. operates four business segments, each of which designs and manufactures highly engineered industrial products. They serve some of the most demanding end markets, from aerospace & defence, bill validation and counterfeit detection, and oil & gas, to chemical, pharmaceutical, transportation, and many others.
CRANE ChemPharma & Energy designs and manufactures a variety of high performance products including: highly engineered check valves, sleeved plug valves, lined valves, process ball valves, high performance butterfly valves, bellows sealed globe valves, aseptic and industrial diaphragm valves, multi/quarter-turn valves, actuation, sight glasses, lined pipe, fittings and hoses, and air operated diaphragm and peristaltic pumps. Among the industries served are the chemical processing, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, refining, and power generation.
Cwmbran is one of the manufacturing sites within Crane ChemPharma & Energy and produces products under the Saunders brand name.
As a Value Stream Manager based in Cwmbran you will be responsible for the leading and running the Value Stream and you will ensure the delivery of the Value Stream's KPIs and the highest possible standards of safety, quality and customer service.
- To manage, lead and motivate the Value Stream team and ensure that all employees are covered by Intellectual Capital initiatives in accordance with Corporate and local policy, including development and training plans, and performance management processes.
- To lead and work with the Process Owners, Process Engineers and Team Leaders to ensure that set standards are adhered to at all times- safety and quality.
- To drive the Value Stream to deliver or exceed plan levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Lead Time and ITR in a cost-effective way that maximises Operating Profit and EVA whilst ensuring that customer needs are met or exceeded.
- To ensure that the Value Stream planning and buying processes identify customer requirements (takt time) and deliver appropriately resourced daily/weekly/monthly/annual production plans and targets which ensure that the Stream meets or exceeds those customer requirements at all times.
- Act as a Champion of the Crane Way - introduction of standard work, 5S, TPM, continuous improvement and lean initiatives.
- To ensure that the Stream performance is monitored on daily/weekly/monthly bases using performance boards, and that daily/weekly performance from the cell boards is taken into pareto stratification and root cause analysis with problem resolution in appropriate timescales.
- Create and update current and future state Value Stream Maps and 6-month implementation plan that supports the winning business model.
- In conjunction with the Cwmbran Site Leader, Senior Vice President Operations and Supply Chain Manager, continuously review the strategic product supply processes at Cwmbran within the context of Crane Chempharma and Energy EMEA as a whole and make and implement recommendations for the most effective supply routes which will improve the Stream's ability to meet customer requirements and improve the ability of the business as a whole to meet its objectives,
- Drive change across functional and departmental boundaries as needed to ensure that the organisation and value stream respond effectively to the 'Voice of the Customer' and satisfy customer requirements.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered as the Value Stream Manager you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- You will demonstrate a successful track record of leadership, change, process improvement and feel comfortable reporting globally.
- You will have significant production or operations management experience ideally gained within a blue chip manufacturing company.
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques with a proven track record of delivering positive cost, quality and performance results.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of working with the supply chain and be comfortable dealing with high level customers.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, resilience, focused, good time management skills.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, package and progress your career.