12 month contract
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in their field
The role will entail but won't be exclusive to:
- Lead on engagement with the finance team and operational business partners in respect of the quarterly VAT return
- Have responsibility for the compilation of quarterly VAT return.
- Liaise directly with HMRC VAT Team in respect of VAT reviews: ensuring that deadlines and key milestones are met.
- Promoting good practice across the finance team and wider business
- Assist in all tax related enquiries and where necessary liaise with other relevant parties
- Play a full and active part in the day to day relationship with HMRC.
- Work with colleagues within Finance in improving VAT correction and transaction processes ensuring that they comply with legislative requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant VAT information, including in relation to the preparation of the annual report and accounts.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate requires as a minimum:
- A working knowledge of VAT in a Public Sector environment
- Ideally a qualified or qualified by experience accountant
- Sound judgement and an ability to analyse complex information and develop realistic solutions to issues.
- Strong communication skills, with a close attention to detail and an ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
What's on Offer
A long term contract and the chance to join an exciting business in a newly created opportunity