- Newly created role
- A role with excellent growth opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is among Europe's largest B2B firms
1. Prepare and file indirect tax return in an accurate and timely manner. Main activities include but are not limited to:
· Perform General Ledger clearing process to ensure all accounts reconcile in month end.
· Extract details of transactions posted to SAP and prepare report summary in Excel.
· Perform a "risk-based" review of line item data for potential errors.
· Adjust for any errors which have been identified.
· Prepare periodic indirect tax returns including VAT, Instrastat and EC sales lists where applicable which will involve the support and subsequent management of third party indirect tax compliance partners particularity for non UK jurisdictions.
· Filing of indirect tax returns, which will involve the support and subsequent management of third party indirect tax compliance partners particularity for non UK jurisdictions.
· Ensure all VAT payments are assessed and made on time, and prepare forecasts of VAT payments for the Treasury department.
· Support with tax audits, both internal and external.
· Identify and develop opportunities to standardize processes to promote best practices across the INEOS Group.
· Accountable for all information provided to meet regulatory standards in accordance with set timelines, ensuring attention to detail, accuracy and integrity are upheld
· Responsible for the reconciliation of all submissions to external parties to SAP.
· Seek opportunities to improve tax efficiency of the business unit through up to date tax knowledge and liaising with Group tax.
· Investigate and provide analysis of returns when required to explain movement of actual results and forecast future tax impacts, including budget.
· Liaise with the cash forecasting team to advise of inflow and outflows of tax receipts and payments.
· Work with other functions to provide information, share knowledge and understanding of data as and when required.2. Work with Group tax team, to extract data from SAP and fill the tax pack from Group Tax team to support the annual filing, tax computation, and tax provision for manufacturing entity and a collection of UK holding entities.
3. Work with GL accountant and finance manager, to perform a collection of centralized accounting and reporting activities (e.g. master data management, cost center confirmation, intercompany transaction management) to support the month end closing process.
4. Periodically perform other financial duties, projects and activities as required by the Finance Manager and European Finance Controller.
5. Support statistical and compliance reporting to local government/authorities including but not limited to:
· Monthly Wages and Salary Review.
· Monthly Business Survey
· Annual Prodcon Survey
· Annual Business Survey
· Annual Business Register and Employment Survey
· Quarterly stock survey
· CIS return
- Internal factors:
· Liaising with group VAT team for advice and guidance when needed.
· Liaising with other Acetyls regional finance teams to complete the centralized accounting activities.
· Liaising with Group Tax team to support the timely and accurate corporate tax process and provision.
- External factors - in the interim liaising with the 3rd party service provider based in differing time zones through flexibility and availability to transfer knowledge in out of normal European office hours, in order to insource the service to Hull.
The Successful Applicant
o Qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA/ATT
o The role requires a sound technical accounting knowledge and strong understanding of the UK Tax rules, to be capable of applying the understanding and knowledge in daily compliance and reporting activities.
o The jobholder will also be required to have well developed PC skills, and expert knowledge of SAP.
What's on Offer
A newly created role with excellent growth opportunities