VAT Manager - In House
Newly Created VAT Manager role - In house
Based in the Midlands / East Midlands
About Our Client
This is a Global Business which is a market leader in their sector. Based in the Midlands region this business is continuing to grow at a exponential rate in all sectors.
As the VAT Manager you will report to the Head of Tax and will be responsible for:
Managing all indirect tax issues relating to existing and new business opportunities and assist on ad-hoc commercial projects;
* Understand customs issues/opportunities as they relate to group activities and provide support the business
* Maintain and develop VAT, Customs and business knowledge to support the business with VAT aspects of transactions and business flows;
* Act as principal counsel on all VAT related billing queries including coding, rate changes, place of supply, reverse charge etc.;
* Run VAT training workshops for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams, and where appropriate the wider business to enhance the business's awareness and knowledge of VAT.
* Oversee and review the preparation and timely submission of all VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns for all relevant group companies and reconciliation of associated VAT accounts in the general ledger;
* Ensure appropriate processes exist to maintain the accuracy and integrity of VAT reporting, review and identify improvements to processes.
* Assist with implementation and refinement of software solutions and process to enable digital filing
* Assist with SAO monitoring and certification process in relation to VAT and maintain indirect tax accounting policies and procedures;
* Maintain relationships with HMRC acting as the first contact point with HMRC
* Take the lead on HMRC VAT inspections and audits
* Monitor VAT taxation developments to ensure the group complies with all legislative requirements;
* Assist on group projects from an indirect tax perspective;
* Manage and maintain relationships with external tax advisers;
The Successful Applicant
This is an ideal role for a experienced VAT Professional who is looking to develop their Tax career working in house. You should have a proven track in VAT gained from working either in a similar in house role, HMRC or the professional services. You should also be able to develop and mentor a team.
What's on Offer
Market Leading Package