Vice President I, Structured Finance - Power & Renewables
A market leading Structured Finance brand
Significantly high deal volumes with strong deal appetite
About Our Client
My Client is one of the world's leading financial groups. They offer services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As a Vice President I in this team, you will:
- Lead/assist business development activity, such as specific marketing initiatives, and pitch opportunities (including preparation of power point presentations).
- Manage day to day client or counterparty interactions within the Power & Renewables project finance area at a counterpart level; identifying and understanding client needs in order to develop and originate product solutions.
- Lead/assist the team with responses to Request for Proposals with high quality and accurate output.
- Manage debt deal negotiations within specified limits.
- Assist the team with the preparation of Information Memorandums and generally support the execution of advisory mandates under the supervision of more senior staff.
- Analyse and interpret a range of complex financial and market data sources to understand product performance and potential impact.
- Manage the credit application process and present credit cases to internal audiences, showing an understanding of credit requirements to develop a compelling business rationale to enable transactions.
- Review documentation and carry accountability for the appropriate level of sign off, ensuring that documents are further actioned as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including other products areas such as Securities, to ensure appropriate engagement and support to develop, secure and maximise product cross-sell opportunities.
- Act as the first point of contact for technical and client related issues, liaising with other stakeholders to seek resolution and / or escalating as required.
- Lead/assist specified internal projects, setting short term objectives to maximise sales and revenue generation. Contribute to wider division projects.
- Provide guidance and review work of more junior colleagues to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
The Successful Applicant
As a Vice President I in this team, you will be expected to have:
- Thorough knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of project finance
- Knowledge of the competitor landscape within project finance
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Previous experience working in project finance (three to five years)
- Significant relevant industry experience with a specialism within Power & Renewables project finance
- Advisory experience
- Natural Resource project finance experience
- Degree level and/or relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Quantitative / numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel/Word/Power Point)
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join a Market leading Bank with a 6 figure package and high deal volumes.