- Exciting PE Real Estate investor managing complex construction assets & loans
- Pan European platform managing €3bn of discretionary capital
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, independent investment ﬁrm managing discretionary capital on behalf of institutional investors and pension funds. They have offices in six European jurisdictions and are in an exciting growth phase.
· Oversight and day-to-day management of complex construction assets or loans
· Assist with construction risk management throughout the life cycle of the investment:
o Working with the investment team to review new opportunities
o Working with the asset management team monitoring and assessing progress of the developments
· Assessing the suitability of counter-parties, contractors and professional teams
· Reviewing construction costs and programme of new deals
· Working with external monitoring surveyors accessing the technical due diligence of new deals
· Reviewing monthly monitoring surveyor reports
· Tracking construction cost and programme changes across the projects
· Reviewing UTR requests for construction related draw-downs.
· Visit sites to meet with the sponsor, contractors and professional team
· Identify discrepancies in budgets, reports and ongoing projects, recommend appropriate remedies for these discrepancies and where necessary to challenge borrowers and third parties. Support re-underwriting of budgets by providing relevant comps
The Successful Applicant
Our client is seeking a Vice President, with construction and asset management experience who will report into both the Asset and Portfolio Management teams. The preferred candidate should be MRICS or similar with several years background experience as a Quantity Surveyor / Project Monitor. The successful candidate will need to be able to provide insight into costs and identify potential construction risks. The individual will also be expected to actively asset manage several construction loans day to day.
What's on Offer
Competitive fixed compensation and bonus + benefits