(VMWare) Infrastructure engineer
VMWare, Windows Server, Office 365, Windows 10, Project/BAU
A market leading organisation, currently in a high level of growth
About Our Client
- Nationwide leading retailer with operations all over the UK based out of Nottingham.
- A large scale, enterprise level infrastructure estate.
- Highly recognisable retail brand, with a long and well established heritage.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies within a broad technology estate.
Some of the key responsibilities for this (VMWare) Infrastructure Engineer role include:
- Aiding with the deployment of business critical projects working within a predominately Windows Server and VMWare focused environment.
- Acting as an escalation point for Senior level IT Support, dealing with requests passed over by more junior support desk members, resolving complex Server, VMWare and Office 365 related issues.
- Working as a key member of a well established IT function, working within a wide reaching and highly established IT Estate.
- Aiding, supporting and mentoring more junior support desk members, helping with up-skilling and training.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful (VMWare) Infrastructure Engineer should have experience with:
- Working as a member of a highly skilled team within a fast paced working environment.
- Experience providing senior level IT Support and communicating complex issues in an easy to understand way.
- Extensive experience with VMWare is essential to this role.
- Windows Server experience is essential to this role.
- Office 365 experience.
- Vaeem backup experience.
- Some Networking experience is preferred.
What's on Offer
For the right (VMWare) Infrastructure Engineer, we are looking to offer:
- A starting salary in the region of £40,000.
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday.
- Private Pension.
- Death in Service.
- Generous on call and overtime policy.
- Flexible/Remote working opportunities.