Warehouse General Manager
Leading UK Retailer - New Site Start-Up
Fantastic Benefits Package Available
About Our Client
Page Group have exclusively partnered with a leading UK Retail business in their search for a Warehouse General Manager for their new East Midlands based facility in Ripley.
This business have seen huge increases in demand for their products with COVID-19 strengthening their business proposition, including B2C / E-Commerce channels.
This position will:
- Report to the Operations Director.
- Be responsible for the site start-up operation.
- Manage the sites overall headcount ranging from 50 - 70 heads depending on peak periods through a direct management team.
- Be responsible for an operational budget of c.£2M.
- Be responsible for a stock holding of c. £6M.
- Lead the sites health & safety strategy.
- Act as an interface with senior stakeholders including, Operations, HR, Commercial and Marketing.
- Be responsible for the strategic growth of both the business and its customer base.
- Be responsible for people development, HR related issues and recruitment.
- Commutable to Ripley, Derbyshire.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse General Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Warehouse Management experience.
- Have operated at a Site Manager, Depot Manager, General Manager or Regional General Manager level previously.
- IOSH / NEBOSH - Desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to managing a P&L up to £3M.
- Experience within Retail / FMCG / Stockist & Distributor / Fashion / E-Commerce environments - advantageous.
- A strong history in running group wide H&S programmes.
- Have a track record in successfully delivering high levels of service through various 3rd party carriers.
- Be commutable to Ripley, Derbyshire.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £60,000 to £70,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£5k+)
- Company Bonus - Performance related.
- Holiday Package.
- Health Care.
- Plus additional Company benefits.