- Leading 3PL Provider - Multi-User Ecommerce
- New Site Start Up
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have exclusively partnered with a long standing client of ours, a Leading UK 3PL business, supporting their search for a Warehouse General Manager, operating within their new 400,000 sq. ft. DC in Leicester.
They are an easily recognisable, innovative and growing company, attracting various blue-chip clients along the way. This role will give the successful candidate a chance to truly flourish with a challenging, demanding but rewarding site that plays a huge part in their UK distribution network.
The Warehouse General Manager role will require the individual to:
- Report to the Regional Director (or similar).
- Manage a team consisting of an Operations Manager, Operations Support Manager, Stock & Inventory Manager, 3 x Shift Managers, Team Leaders and c.250+ operatives across various shifts.
- Be responsible for the site in its entirety including daily interactions with the customer around key SLA's and costs.
- Overall site responsibility for process design and daily delivery for inbound, pick and outbound operations through the team.
- Have full control of the operating budget for headcount - £20M+
- Be responsible for the inventory management.
- Full site H&S control.
- Accountable for people development and performance management within the operation.
- Commutable to Leicester.
This role would suit a candidate that has worked in a; Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, General Manager, Regional General Manager, Head of Logistics or Operations Director role previously.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse General Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be Degree educated (or similar) - Advantageous.
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics experience at a Site Manager, Depot Manager or General Manager level.
- Have worked for a 3PL previously - Essential.
- Have managed in excess of 200+ employees indirectly before.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous.
- Have experience of Six Sigma / Prince2 methodologies - Advantageous.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £15M+ per year.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be commutable to Leicester.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £70,000 to £75,000.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Company Bonus Scheme.
- Holidays - 25 + 8 Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.