Warehouse / Logistics Manager
Warehouse Manager required for Global Manufacturer
Permanent Opportunity based in Manchester - 42.5 hours per week
About Our Client
You will be joining a well established client based in Manchester who are recognised as a global leader within their market. They manufacture a wide range of high quality products with a customer-focused approach.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for duties including but not limited to:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with local warehousing, material handling, and transport requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards employees and product by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with WMS
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; managing maintenance and repair plans and requisitions for replacement.
- Meets financial objectives by contributing to an annual budget; investing in technology to deliver cost savings; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, assisting and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by continual professional development, keeping abreast of the latest innovations in logistics.
- Manages the Transport Companies providing the delivery to our customers, ensuring quality is maintained and controlling costs.
- Manages the local relationship with Leaseplan for company vehicles.
The Successful Applicant
To be successfull with your application for this role you must have previous management experience in a Warehouse environment and maintaining and using a WMS is essential, along with:
- Successfully managing and developing teams in a Warehouse environment
- Knowledge of UK Haulage Sector especially groupage services
- 3rd Level Qualification in Logistics is desirable
- Demonstrated experience of implementing new process and technologies in a logistics environment
- Be physically fit to work in a warehouse environment where lifting and carrying are part of the daily tasks
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous Health and Safety training inc Manual Handling (training provided)
What's on Offer
Along with joining a fantastic Global Leader benefits include:
- Hours of Work: 42.5 per week
- Location: Manchester
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Salary: circa £45k + Bonus
- Employer Contribution Pension
- Health Care
- Company Car
- 32 Days Annual Leave