Leading Pharmaceutical Business
Fantastic opportunity to drive a change agenda
About Our Client
My client, a leading Pharmaceutical business based in Nottingham are looking for a Warehouse Manager to support their Logistics function.
- Responsible for the despatch of site produced orders to meet customer requirements within budget and to agreed On Time and In full targets.
- Understand the principles of Good Distribution Practice of Medicinal Products for Human Use
- Manage Department costs to budget to ensure minimum spend for maximum output, within agreed parameters
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety compliance; including but areas such as risk assessments, equipment maintenance and repair, documented safe operating procedures, safe manual handling etc.
- Regular documented audits of routing to continuously improve both service and cost efficiency.
Proactive approach to managing a large team in terms of recruitment, communication, training, performance management etc
- Analysing KPIs to identify opportunities to continually improve performance
- Liaising with any Agency/Third party suppliers to ensure full understanding of site and duty roles, including inductions.
- Developing effective internal and external relationships, ensuring timely communication and a customer focused approach
- Good management techniques in warehousing disciplines - Pick -
- Pack and Despatch operations.
- Experienced Person Management techniques in Warehousing and Despatch to maximise performance and minimise cost.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience as a Warehouse Manager- ideally in a Pharmaceutical environment
- Previous experience using a WMS
- 5 years experience in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Strong people management experience
- Able to plan and execute and deliver targets with a continual emphasis on improving performance
- Ideally holds a IOSHH qualification or has significant experience of driving improvement in health and safety within a logistics environment
- Effective problem solving, analytical and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and with both internal and external customers
- Proven track record of effective decision making
- A 'can do', proactive approach, with the ability to motivate others
- IT literate
- Commutable to Nottinghamshire
What's on Offer
The Warehouse Operations Manager will receive...
- A salary of up between £35,000 - £40,000
- Pension Scheme
- Monday to Friday, 9-5 working hours
- Bonus Scheme