Full Site Responsibility
Leading UK Retail / E-Commerce Business
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a leading UK retailer in Nottingham in their search for a Warehouse Manager to oversee their flagship DC in Nottingham.
This business holds a stable and growing proportion of their market sector, experiencing large scale growth throughout the COVID-19 pandemic - which isn't showing any sign of slowing up anytime soon within their E-Commerce division.
The Warehouse Manager will:
- Report into the Operations Director.
- Oversee the day to day Warehouse duties within a 200,000 sq. ft. Distribution facility in Nottingham.
- Be responsible for up to 50+ heads on site, managed through 3 direct reports at a Shift Manager / Shift Supervisor level.
- Work with key stakeholders both internally and externally including; Transport, Finance and the Commercial / Sales team.
- Ensure the operation is running efficiently and tracking at or below an agreed budgeted cost level.
- Take the lead for all H&S matters throughout the site.
- Manage the inbound, pick and dispatch teams working across varied shift patterns.
- Ensure Inventory damage / loss is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Be responsible for performance development, performance improvement / challenges and HR related issues up to disciplinary and dismissal.
The hours of work for this role are:
Monday to Friday
08:00 - 17:00
Flexibility will be required to suit business needs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have worked at a Warehouse management level for a minimum of 2+ years.
- Experience of working within Retail / E-Commerce / Home Delivery would be .
- Have managed teams in excess of 40+ employees previously.
- Be able to demonstrate past exposure to running P&L's effectively.
- IOSH / NEBOSH - Advantageous.
- Be commercially minded and results driven.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and WMS.
- Be commutable to Nottingham.
This candidate may have worked within a; Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
This role offers a great salary and benefits package, including:
- Salary - £40,000 to £50,000 - DOE
- 10% Company Bonus.
- 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Matched Pension scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.