- Warehouse Manager for a Growing Business
- Chance to add value and develop an operation
About Our Client
My client is a growing Retailer who are based within the Hereford area. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector.
They have created a new role which has been created to underpin business growth and align all operations departments; to lead and create Operations Improvement Projects and align all teams.
This is a very rare exciting opportunity however you must be within a realistic commute to Hereford.
The successful candidate will;
- Oversee the day to day Warehouse, Customer service & Distribution within a 75,000 sq. ft. Warehouse and an in house Distribution facility in Hereford
- Be responsible for up to 40+ heads on site, managed through 3 direct reports
- Work with key stakeholders both internally and externally including; Finance and HR
- Ensure the operation is running efficiently and tracking at or below an agreed budgeted cost level.
- Take the lead for all H&S matters throughout the site.
- Manage the inbound, pick and dispatch teams working across varied shift patterns
- Ensure Inventory damage / loss is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Be responsible for performance development, performance improvement / challenges and HR related issues up to disciplinary and dismissal.
- Manage and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Undertake and recognise projects for process improvement within the Operation
- Be responsible for creating and implementing KPIS in all areas and align the operational teams
- Responsible for achieving 99% OTIF
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background with exposure to Warehouse
- A minimum of 5+ years Logistics management experience.
- Proven track record in identifying change and shaping operations
- Able to work alone and have the desire to create change initiative
- Implementation and identification of a new WMS & RF Scanning System
- Have managed in excess of 15 staff previously
- Experience of creating and Delivering KPI's
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be within a REALISTIC commute to Hereford
This candidate may have worked within a; Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager, Operations Improvement Manager, Operations Manager, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
For the successful Warehouse Manager you will receive;
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000
Holidays 25 + Bank Holidays