A Rare Opportunity created to deliver operational excellence
An SME who are experiencing significant growth with great career progression
About Our Client
My client is a growing High Volume Retailer with a growing E-commerce offering who a based within the Gloucester area. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector.
They have created a new role which has been created to underpin business growth and align all operations departments; to lead and create Operations Improvement Projects and align all teams.
This is a very rare exciting opportunity however you must be within a realistic commute to Gloucester.
The successful candidate will;
- Report into the Director's
- Oversee the day to day Warehouse, Customer service & Logistics within a 50,000 sq. ft. Distribution facility in Gloucester
- Be responsible for up to 30+ heads on site, managed through 3 direct reports
- Work with key stakeholders both internally and externally including; Finance and HR
- Ensure the operation is running efficiently and tracking at or below an agreed budgeted cost level.
- Take the lead for all H&S matters throughout the site.
- Manage the inbound, pick and dispatch teams working across varied shift patterns.
- Lead & Develop Customer service teams
- Ensure Inventory damage / loss is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Be responsible for performance development, performance improvement / challenges and HR related issues up to disciplinary and dismissal.
- Manage and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Undertake and recognise projects for process improvement within the Operation
- Be responsible for creating and implementing KPIS in all areas and align the operational teams
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background with exposure to Warehouse in an e-commerce environment
- A minimum of 5+ years Logistics management experience.
- Have worked for a FMCG RETAIL OR E-COMMERCE OPERATION
- Proven track record in identifying and shaping operations
- Able to work alone and have the desire to create change initiative
- Implementation and identification of a new WMS System
- Have managed in excess of 30 staff previously.
- Experience within E-Commerce & Returns - Advantageous.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous.
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies - Advantageous.
- Exposure to negotiating & Tendering with Hauliers & Carriers
- Experience of creating and Delivering KPI's
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be within a REALISTIC commute to Gloucester
This candidate may have worked within a; Operations Director, Project Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Operations Improvement Manager, Head of Operations, Logistics Director, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
For the successful Warehouse Manager you will receive;
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000
Holidays 25 + Bank Holidays
Competitive package to be agreed based on Experience