Warehouse Operations Manager
Warehouse Operations Manager in Exeter for a Global Distribution business
Great Opportunity to develop and make a significant impact on an operation
About Our Client
Our client is a leading stockist & distributor in Exeter They are seeking an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to help them facilitate growth & help deliver world class Distribution & Customer service within the logistics distribution and supply chain sector.
The key responsibilities for the Warehouse Operations Manager;
- Ensure that labour cost of Inbound and Outbound activities as described in the budget template fall within targeted costs through the implementation of robust control mechanisms
- Ensure that overheads are contained within the monthly budgetary limits
- Ensure Service Centre compliance to standard operating procedures, contractual requirements through the achievement of the pre-determined KPIs
- Ensure all aspects of customer care are maintained to achieve customer satisfaction
- Monitor productivity performance and agreed KPIs with Service Centre Manager in all areas of responsibilities and ensures targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse optimisation activities to reduce Inbound and Outbound costs and maximise efficiency.
- Effectively implement all inventory management procedures related to Inbound and Outbound processes in line with company guidelines, working in partnership with the Inventory Manager.
- Ensure that Inbound and Outbound departments meet all H&S requirements and Direct Reports are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that statutory requirements of all regulatory bodies are complied with.
- Monitor compliance to standard operating procedures
- Provide effective leadership and motivation through regular team briefings
- Provide prompt feedback to queries raised by other departmental managers and acts swiftly to warehouse service issues raised by customers
- Take appropriate steps to maintain investors in people accreditation, agreeing clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisal process as per company guidelines.
- Recruit, train and develop all direct reports, maintaining appropriate liaison with Human Resources department, with a view to support site succession plans.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will;
- Experience of implementing Warehouse Manager Systems including RF Scanning and Transport planning software.
- Experience of liaising with an In house Transport department
- Previous, demonstrable experience within a similar level role or can showcase successful progression where this role would be the natural next step in your career.
- Strong commercial acumen, having previously held budget and/or P&L responsibility within a sizeable operation.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of engaging and coaching large teams.
- Led and driven multiple change management or continuous improvement projects within the Logistics or Distribution industries.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for inspiring your teams to achieve their best
What's on Offer
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will be receive;
Basic Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
Company Car or Allowance - £4,800
PHC - SINGLE
25 days + BH