- An exiciting opportunity with a market-leader in world-wide FMCG distribution!
- Excellent opportunities for progression and salary reward in Sheffield!
About Our Client
My client is an established household name, and sector leading, within food and FMCG distribution. They are currently expanding their operations in the Sheffield area of South Yorkshire. As one of the highest remunerating companies in the sector, they are actively searching for only the highest calibre talent to join their new start-up operation.
If you are successful in your application to become a Warehouse Section Manager, you will report directly into the Site Warehouse Manager on a daily basis. You will cover an afternoon 12:00-20:00 shift pattern and have the following responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for a team of 30+ operations colleagues and 3x direct line supervisors.
- Implementing staff rotas, holiday schedules and deployment plans for all employees.
- Ensure complete adherence to health and safety of the site.
- Select ways of implementing methods of CI to ensure ever-increasing efficencies are achieved within your tight-knit team.
- Ensure that company ethics, morals, and above all rewards and recognition are observed across the team.
- We are actively recruiting for a 5 from 7 shift pattern, covering either a permanent 12:00-20:00 shift pattern.
The Successful Applicant
In order gain a positive response in this Warehouse Section Manager (12:00-20:00) application you will desirably hold the following skills and experiences:
- 3+ years experience in warehouse operations management of teams exceeding 30+ direct reports
- Desirable experience would include chilled, ambient, or frozen distribution
- 3PL or large corporate logistics experience would be advantageous
- Degree level education (BSc, BA, BEng, etc) would be beneficial.
- IOSH, NEBOSH, HACCP would be desirable.
- Commutable to the wider Sheffield area of South Yorkshire.
- A strong grounding in CI or Kaizen based improvement projects.
- Six-Sigma qualifications or experience would increase chances of success.
- Experience of project start-ups or automated warehousing.
- Overall the role would suit established Team Leader's, Supervisor, First Line Managers and Shift Managers, currently within the logistics sector.
What's on Offer
The successful Warehouse Section Manager shift across any 5 from 7 days (12:00-20:00). The package on offer will provide the following remuneration:
- £38,000 rising to £46,000 after 2 years
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus standard Bank Holiday Allowance.
- Competitive bonuses.
- Excellent opportunities for progression.