Warehouse Shift Manager - AM & PM Shift
Monday to Friday AM & PM shifts
Leading Distribution firm - multiple sites throughout the UK
About Our Client
Michael Page / Page Personnel Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading UK Logistics Stockist and Distributor in their search for a Warehouse Shift Manager - AM & PM Shift Rotation - for one of their Peterborough Depot.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Manager - AM & PM Shift Rotation - will report into the Depot Manager, leading a team of 20+ highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 20+ colleagues, rising to 30+ during peak periods.
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
The hours of works for this role are:
Monday to Friday
AM and PM shift pattern - fortnightly rotation
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift Manager - AM & PM Shift Rotation position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have managed 15+ people previously in a Warehouse environment.
- Have 2+ years people management experience.
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an every changing business unit.
- Have worked within a Distribution, 3PL, Parcels or Pallets market
- Be commutable to Peterborough.
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse FLM, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
This position offers not only great hours, a great package too including:
- Salary c.£24,000 - 28,000 depending on experience
- 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension contributions.
- Company discounts.
- Additional company benefits