Warehouse Shift Manager
Monday to Friday AM & PM shifts
Leading Stockist and Distribution firm - growing rapidly in the eComm market
About Our Client
Michael Page / Page Personnel Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading FMCG Consumer Products company in their search for a Warehouse Supervisor based in Chatteris
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Manager - Mon-Fri Shifts - will report into the General Manager, leading a team of 25+ highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 25+ colleagues, rising to 50+ during peak periods.
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
The hours of works for this role are:
Monday to Friday 6am-2pm and 2-10pm
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift Manager - will be used to working rotational shifts and will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have managed 15+ people previously in a Warehouse environment.
- Have 4+ years people management experience.
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous. (qualifications a distinct advantage)
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have worked within a Consumer Products environment (desirable)
- Be commutable to Chatteris
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse FLM, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
- Salary - £28,000 to £32,000
- Company pension contributions.
- Company discounts.
- Additional company benefits