Warehouse Site General Manager
Leading E-Commerce Business
Fantastic Benefits Package Available
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a Leading E-Commerce business in their search for a Warehouse Site General Manager. This role will play a key part in this organisations expansion plans, overseeing a new RDC within the businesses network.
They are an easily recognisable, innovative and growing company, who have a well established footprint on the UK Logistics market. This role will give the right candidate full site autonomy and allow them to put their own stamp on a brand new facility within the network.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong knowledge of Heath & Safety, People Management and Operation Process & Planning.
The Warehouse Site General Manager role will require the individual to:
- Report to the Regional General Manager.
- Manage a team of 40+ operatives through 2 direct reports across various shifts.
- Be responsible for inbound, pick and outbound operations.
- Have full control of the operating budget for headcount.
- Be responsible for the inventory management through your teams.
- Full site H&S control.
- Accountable for people development within the operation.
- Be responsible for the strategic vision for the facility.
- Design, implement and review process and procedures within the building.
- Commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
This role would suit a candidate that has worked in a; Warehouse Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Warehouse Site Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Site General Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Degree / BA Hons / MSc Educated (or similar) - Advantageous.
- A minimum of 5+ years Logistics management experience - Essential.
- Have worked for a 3PL previously - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 30+ staff previously - Essential.
- Experience within an E-Commerce / Retail environment - Advantageous.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous.
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies, Lean Six Sigma, Prince2 - Advantageous.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £500,000 per year.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £55,000 to £60,000 - DOE.
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- 10% Company Bonus Scheme.
- Holidays - 25 + 8 Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.