- Suitable for candidate looking to advance their careers in warehousing.
- A furniture distributor with a globe remit and growth!
About Our Client
My client is one of the Midlands leaders in the retailing & stockist distribution business, with a headquarters based in Nottingham. Due to rapid expansion in the workforce, as a result of revenue growth, the business are now looking to bolster their management team with two Warehouse Team Leader for their nights team.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Team Leader (Nights) will report into the UK Operations Manager and lead a team of 15 highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 15+ colleagues, rising to 32 during peak.
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Based upon one of the key warehousing sections, i.e. inbound, outbound, pick & pack, replenishment or e-commerce.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
- Colleague engagement is at the forefront of the business, thus you will be expected to promote a healthy environment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Warehouse Team Leader (Nights) will be based in Nottingham and embody the following experience / skills:
- 2+ years experience in Team Leader and / or Warehouse Management.
- Strong background of knowledge in warehousing and logistics
- Proven track record of leading teams of 15+ colleagues.
- IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable, but not essential.
- Any history of CI or Kaizen would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
- 33 days per annum annual leave.
- £1,300 management related bonus annually
- Large opportunities for progression across the business
- Perkbox Account, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers.