Warehouse team leader
A rare opportunity to join an exciting start-up manufacturing business
Our clients have big plans for growth and expansion in the near future
About Our Client
A bit about Butternut
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
As part of the role as Warehouse Team Leader you will,
- Be accountable for upkeep and delivery of high safety, quality & hygiene standards.
- To provide supervision, support and leadership to the warehouse team to meet key operational metrics of quality , stock accuracy, pick rates and waste
- Monitor & improve your teams performance in order to achieve growth, accuracy in a supportive environment
- To lead continuous improvements and problem solving initiatives which contribute to savings within the department / company
- Accurately plan daily tasks to ensure sufficient team members are in place to meet demand
- Work well with multiple functional teams including Engineering, Technical, Production and Order fulfilment
The Successful Applicant
A bit about you
- Passionate about creating and promoting a people-focused culture with quality at its heart
- Determined to lead through example with a drive to develop your team
- Humble and approachable for all employees being the first point of contact
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including an ability to communicate with employees at all levels in a warm and understanding manor
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Ideally 3+ year experience in a Warehouse Team Leader role
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment
- Resilient and adaptable, faces into challenges and keen to help growth
Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
What's on Offer
A bit about what we offer in this Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain opportunity
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST