Diversity and inclusion is an increasingly hot topic, and rightly so. We live in a world where barriers are being broken down and cultures are better integrating and evolving in tandem, due to increased globalisation.
Against this backdrop, why is diversity and inclusion still a challenge in the workplace, and specifically the construction industry? The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) states that only 13% of the industry’s workforce is made up of women, 2% of whom are active onsite, and only 6% are ethnic minorities.
Our guest speakers, Charlotte Goode, Regional Managing Director at Keepmoat Homes West Midlands, and Phillip Lyons, Interim CEO Partnerships North at Countryside, will be sharing exclusive insights on:
- The what:
- What diversity and inclusion is - and why it is so much more than just what you see
- The why:
- The need for diversity and inclusion: both corporate and social
- The how:
- Creating and successfully implementing diversity and inclusion throughout a business
- Comparing housebuilding to other industries in inclusion, progression, and the support for women
- Nurturing future talent to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace in the long term
There will also be an opportunity for a Q&A.
Register for access to this insightful discussion today.