We support the Prime Minister and ensure the effective running of government. We are also the corporate headquarters for government, in partnership with HM Treasury, and we take the lead in certain critical policy areas.
We have responsibility for:
- supporting collective government, helping to ensure the effective development, coordination and implementation of policy
- supporting the National Security Council and the Joint Intelligence Organisation, coordinating the government’s response to crises and managing the UK’s cyber security
- promoting efficiency and reform across government through innovation, better procurement and project management, and by transforming the delivery of services
- promoting the release of government data, and making the way government works more transparent
- creating an exceptional Civil Service, improving its capability and effectiveness
- political and constitutional reform
Our priorities are to:
1. support the Prime Minister and Cabinet to deliver the government’s programme
2. drive efficiencies and reforms that will make government work better
3. create a more united democracy
4. strengthen and secure the United Kingdom at home and abroad
Cabinet Office Planning & Performance Team
Within the Cabinet Office, the Planning & Performance team sits within the central Finance team which is responsible for managing all aspects of the Cabinet Office’s finances. We currently have an exciting range of employment opportunities within the team involved in areas of work such as business planning, financial analysis and business partnering that needs enthusiastic, self-starters who will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Like all Civil Servants, the roles will enjoy a range of benefits and a flexible working environment while providing lots of opportunities for both personal and professional development and so we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
At the Cabinet Office we are committed to creating a fair and inclusive working environment where everyone can flourish. Our Cabinet Office Values set out behaviours that will help us do this, we all commit to:
Treat everyone with Respect… actively promote inclusion, give everyone a voice and value all contributions.
Build Trust… recognise expertise, empower people within and beyond our organisation.
Actively Collaborate… build strong relationships and partner across boundaries.
The Cabinet Office is committed to supporting all staff to undertake a minimum of 5 days learning a year. Development should be discussed regularly with your line manager. This learning will come in all shapes and sizes and much of it will not be formal training courses (such as mentoring, coaching and on-the-job learning). Taking this flexible approach to learning means that everyone should be able to fit their learning around (and even during) their busy jobs.
Learning & development can range from signing up to an apprenticeship, adult further education, mentoring and shadowing through to signing up for a Civil Service online training course.
In addition to a providing a challenging and diverse career, being part of the Civil Service offers broader benefits. The Civil Service recognises the importance of ensuring staff have a good work-life balance; and offer a comprehensive benefits package to support this.
Flexi-time – Cabinet Office operate a flexi-time system, which allows staff to work hours that suit their lifestyle and responsibilities, dependent on operational needs (around a set of core hours). The technology is also in place to allow staff to work from home or from different office locations.
Childcare vouchers – The government introduced the new Tax-Free Childcare scheme earlier this year. With Tax-Free Childcare, working parents will be able to apply to open an online childcare account. For every £8 families pay in, the Government will make a top-up payment of an additional £2, up to a maximum of £2,000 per child per year (or £4,000 for disabled children). Parents will then be able to use the funds to pay for registered childcare.
Holiday - Cabinet Office offers employees a generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days increasing to 30 over 5 years (i.e. an additional day a year). In addition, there are 10.5 days public and privilege holidays per year.
Season Ticket Loan/Cycle to Work Scheme - On joining us, you may apply for an annual, interest-free, season ticket loan, or a bicycle loan.
Other benefits include:
- Subsidised restaurant
- Access to Benenden Medical Healthcare
- Family friendly policies
- A commitment to your personal and professional development, including coaching and mentoring opportunities and at least 5 days learning per year for each employee.