The tasks that a recruitment consultant typically perform, vary widely. In essence, the job is about meeting with clients and candidates and placing the right professional into the right job; how a recruitment firm goes about its business and what they look for in an applicant can also vary. Here is a typical recruitment consultant job description with key responsibilities and description of what a successful applicant would typically look like:
Now hiring recruitment consultants
You will manage the recruitment process from the interview to offer stage and beyond. That includes sourcing and interviewing candidates, negotiating salary packages and presenting suitable candidates to clients. Your goal is to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and candidates, and work as part of a passionate team to maximise our commercial performance.
Are you currently working long hours as an estate agent or business development executive, and looking for a role in which you can transfer your current skills, and better manage your work-life balance? Are you working in a different sector entirely, but want more of a people facing, target driven, and rewarding role? Are you in a different type of sales position but struggle to envision your long-term career, or feel as though your role is leading to a dead end? Recruitment could be for you.
Identifying and developing client/business relationships
Advising on and selling the most appropriate solution for attracting candidates and maintaining a candidate database
Assessing and responding to the needs of each particular client or assignment
Sourcing suitable candidates and briefing them on the opportunities offered by the client
Managing the process through the interview to offer stage and beyond
Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidate
Offering CV, interview and general career advice
Networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
The ideal candidate
We will consider any experience and any background, however, any potential recruitment consultant must possess:
- A strong and proven track record in sales, networking and/or client development abilities
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong commercial business acumen
- A passionate desire to succeed and build a successful career
- A winning mentality
- The ability to overcome objection and be persistent
What’s on offer?
- The opportunity to work in the London office of a FTSE 250, leading brand name in the recruitment industry, who are unparalleled in terms of training and development, as well as career progression
- Basic Salary £25,000 - £30,000, depending on experience
- Quarterly bonus, subject to performance
- Extensive rewards and incentives; monthly breakfast club, quarterly all-expenses-paid holidays and red letter events, subject to performance
- Comprehensive and ongoing training in all aspects of the job
- Unparalleled career progression opportunities - including international relocation if desired
If you think you have what it takes Apply Now.
This is just an example of what you might expect to see on a recruitment consultant job description. If you’d like to learn more about the key skills needed to be a recruitment consultant we have a full description here. We also have a breakdown of what you can expect to earn.
If you would like to learn more about the work of a recruitment consultant, visit our Work for Us page where you can find out all you need to know about the industry. And if you like what you see, we would love to hear from you as we are always on the lookout for talented new consultants to join our team.