With job opportunities continuing to grow in the logistics sector, the level of competition amongst skilled and part qualified logistics managers has also become more heated.
A nationally recognised, professional qualification gives candidates a distinct advantage when it comes to applying for positions within the industry.
David Strugnell, managing consultant with Michael Page Logistics believes that, in the current market where there is still a lingering element of uncertainty, the best investment you can make is in your education and training to further develop your career and potential worth.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT UK) offers a range of professional qualifications from introductory level certificate through to a Masters degree program with options in logistics and transport open to junior, middle and senior management.
Because logistics and transport professionals work within such a rapidly evolving, dynamic environment it is essential that your skills and qualifications are right up to date.
The CILT (UK) uses more than 60 approved and registered training centres across the UK. The courses are accredited by the office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (OFQUAL).
"CILT is a highly regarded & internationally recognised industry body where logistics specialists can gain a further understanding into the complexities of the wider supply chain," David Strugnell said.
"As logistics is increasingly being viewed as a profession, so have we seen the demand for candidates with professional qualifications grow," added Doug Rode, managing director of Michael Page Logistics.
The CILT UK organise the following professional courses and programmes:
- Level 2 Certificate in Logistics and Transport (QCF) - Aimed at new entrants to the logistics and transport industry, the Level 2 Certificate is an entry-level qualification offering a broad understanding of the principles, applications and concepts of logistics.
Fine Line Management:
- Level 3 Certificate in Logistics and Transport (NQF) - Aimed at team leaders, new supervisors or aspiring managers, this modular programme is designed to increase core skills and knowledge and to result in enhanced professionalism.
- Level 5 Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport - Aimed at managers or graduate entrants to the profession, the Institute's most popular modular programme is designed to enhance new and existing expertise in the supply chain, passenger transport or transport planning environments in addition to building and developing core management skills.
- Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport - Aimed at managers aspiring to move to the strategic level, this advanced course is designed for professionals already working within the logistics and transport profession, typically in middle management.
- MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc in International Transport and Logistics
Visit the CILT (UK) website: http://www.ciltuk.org.uk/pages/qualifications to see what course is right for you.