Whether you are a professional freelancer or looking to make your first move into the interim world, we can assist. For the first time in a number of years, the employment market has seen an increase in the number of highly skilled, proven designer and technical professionals.
We support many freelancers with their careers and have learnt from their experiences both positive and negative. We thought it would be useful to share these experiences with you to help you reach the career choice that fits you best.
What are the benefits of freelancing?
- The opportunity to work with a wide variety of brands, people, products and companies which can add real depth and experience to your CV.
- Try before you buy. Freelancing offers a risk free opportunity to learn about a future employer without committing to a permanent contract.
- Companies will often use freelancers when they are launching new products or working on exciting high profile projects. This can afford the opportunity to drive change.
- The flexibility to take time off between contracts – ideal if you have family commitments, want to study, or go on holiday!
- Variety is the spice of life – many freelancers choose to work shorter working weeks so they can pursue personal projects or work for more than one business at once.
- Networking – a great way to build your reputation and your contacts within the industry.
- Ease – With our service you can have a truly stress-free freelance life.
- A wider choice of employers – Freelancing often affords more opportunity to work from home and therefore allows you to consider companies that you wouldn’t normally look at because of an unworkable commute.
What are the downsides?
- Obviously, there’s no guarantee of permanent work at the end of the contract, although the experience and skills you’ve gained will always be valuable.
- You’ll need to budget for time between contracts – the next role may not begin immediately after the first, so there could be times when you are not earning.
- You may not feel part of the organisation, and be left out of social events.
- In most cases you won’t benefit from perks such as healthcare, car, pension etc.
- The market is increasingly competitive, with clients often preferring ‘professional temps/interims’.
How to make yourself a more desirable freelancer?
- Be flexibile with locations – not all jobs are in the centre of town. If you work from home, make sure you deliver on time.
- If you have a proven track record of completing similar projects make sure we and the client know about it – key experience is highly rated by clients.
- Experience of working in multiple organisations - hitting the ground running is easier if you have experience of multiple environments and organisations.
- Being an expert in your field - demonstrate proven tangible success in your field that will differentiate you from the rest of the market.
- Capacity to deal with change - being a temporary worker is not easy and you should be comfortable with change and changing environments as, more often than not, this is the reason for the assignment in the first place. Clients pay a premium for flexible staff who can hit the ground running...there is no time for a lengthy learning curve.
- Focus on your main skills and be clear on what you offer a client. Very rarely is a ‘jack of all trades’ what a client is after. Focus on your skills and finding roles which require them.
Why us to source Freelancers?
When you need to recruit a freelancer, speed of response and quality of candidate is vital. Our team invest time to develop a large pool of candidates so we are able to deliver exactly what you want, immediately. Key things to note about our Freelancers are:
- We reference all our candidates and can provide both formal references and in-depth testimonials to give you confidence about their quality and experience.
- Right to work – all our candidates are completely validated.
- We understand their key areas of expertise so you get exactly what you need in terms of technical skills, culture fit etc.
- Speed – you will know immediately if we can help you.
- Ease of service. We will take care of all administration/legal/pay issues and all you pay is a weekly invoice.
- Executive service. We represent a number of senior candidates who are able to deliver strategic reviews of key areas of your business or deliver specific projects.
We are able to assist in the following area:
Fashion Garment Technologist
Fashion Design – All Product Areas
Click here to start your job search, or alternatively click here to contact the team.