You are here
Coventry City Council
About Coventry City Council
Coventry is one of the best places to live in the UK, according to a national survey last year. Our city was ranked 28th (beating Birmingham, London and Sheffield) out of 138 places across the UK. Furthermore, a Moneysupermarket.com survey named the city as the seventh best city in the UK to raise a family. It’s official. Coventry is getting better and better. And there are lots of reasons why.
Coventry is also the second fastest growing local authority area outside of London and the 9th biggest city in England and in Coventry University and the University of Warwick, the city can also boast two of the top 15 universities in the country. Add to that the key cultural assets the city has to offer such as the Basil Spence cathedral, high quality museums and art galleries, the attraction of Wasps rugby, Coventry City football club and concerts at the Ricoh arena and a vibrant community led arts scene and it is no surprise that Coventry has been chosen both as UK City of Culture 2021 and European City of Sport 2019.
- Competitive salary and Pension Scheme including Employer contribution of 25.9%
- Generous relocation package for new starters of up to £8K
- Regular supervision and management support
- Wider Wallet employee Benefit scheme offering discounts nationally and locally on a wide range of services including, holidays, days out and discounts on leisure and other services
- Deductions from salary benefits include: Prudential AVC’s/Westfield Health/Travel Passes
- Kiddivouchers scheme – salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- MyCar scheme - salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, benefit of driving a brand new low-cost car for up to 3 years for an all-inclusive, fixed monthly gross cost
- Cycle to Work Scheme